Joint pain is a common symptom accompanied by painful sensations,develops in diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Occurs in 50% of the population. Problems often begin after 45 years. The joint represents the moving part at the junction of the bone tissue. Muscle or tendon pain is also considered by the doctor as pain in the joint tissue. The doctors at the CMR clinic will diagnose and develop an effective course of treatment.
Causes of joint pain
Painful sensations occur as a result of disease progression, such as inflammation or tendon rupture. There are several causes of joint tissue pain.
- Weakened immune system.
- Old lesions that start to hurt when walking.
- The intensity and uniformity of physical activity.
- Passive lifestyle.
- Diseases of an infectious nature.
- Genetic factor.
- Aging process.
- Constantly painful sensations of pain that become lighter after exercise and disappear after sleep indicate the development of osteoarthritis.
- Arthritis of a bacterial type, characterized by sharp painful sensations, swelling in the affected area. Possible increased body temperature, fatigue.
- Arthritis is characterized by worsening of pain in the joint during sleep.
- Possible functional pain in frequent stressful situations. There is no definite intensity and nature of painful sensations. They are resistant to painkillers. They occur on the background of blood spasms.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, the disease progresses after the flu. A hallmark of such arthritis is a sharp rise in body temperature. Large joints in the legs or upper extremities are affected symmetrically. There is swelling, increased pain on palpation. The exact causes of the development of rheumatoid arthritis have not been determined. There is a gradual progression of the disease. There is stiffness in the joints, the disease spreads to larger tissues. With arthritis, the shape of joints and muscle tissue changes. Pain pain develops.
Types of joint pain
The joints respond to the intoxication of the body. Most infectious and inflammatory diseases, disorders of the central nervous system can cause painful sensations. Pain may be caused by a bruise - this is normal. But when the joints always hurt one place without injuries in the past, contact a medical institution. Several types of painful sensations stand out:
Mechanical joint pain
They develop regardless of age group. They occur in joint diseases that cause dystrophic changes in the cartilage tissue. It may be the result of a metabolic disorder or injury. Painful sensations intensify when playing sports. They can pass alone if the cause of the symptom is ruled out. It will be possible to alleviate the condition through physiotherapy procedures.
Start joint pain
Painful sensations appear at the beginning of any movement when a person has been at rest for a long time. Most people ignore this symptom. However, starting pain in the joints of the hands or lower extremities indicates a disease that is developing.
Joint pain at night
Painful sensations at night appear with frequent stressful situations or physical overload of tissues. Pain during sleep develops when consuming large amounts of salt and smoked food.
Reflected joint pain
Painful sensations in addition to articular tissue spread to the nearest organs, cartilage and bones. Typical of diseases of the spine and joint tissues. Reflected joint pain occurs with excessive physical exertion, overweight. Develops in professional athletes.
To determine the cause of the painful sensations, the doctor prescribes a blood test. A test of synovial fluid is performed. An X-ray of the affected area, computed tomography, MRI is prescribed. Myelography is used if necessary. Anamnesis is collected, symptoms are taken into account, the presence of an infectious disease, what is the patient's diet. Diagnostic procedures are prescribed depending on the doctor's suspicion.
In CMR clinics, the following methods are used to find out the causes of joint pain:
Which doctor to contact
Joint pain is treated by a rheumatologist or orthopedist. If the pain is acute, intolerable, it is better to consult another narrow specialist - a neurologist.
Joint pain treatment
The course of treatment is determined by the cause of the symptom. With a sedentary lifestyle, typical of office workers, it is recommended to do a little gymnastics once an hour. Staying in a position for a long time puts excessive stress on the joints. The patient is prescribed a biologically active additive, drug treatment is prescribed. Physiotherapy procedures help get rid of pain. Dietary adjustments are made. The patient turns out to play more sports, refusing to drink alcohol. It will be possible to cure the cause of joint pain and eliminate the symptom by following the recommendations of the attending physician.
Joint pain in clinics is treated using the following techniques:
If left untreated, joint pain spreads to dense cartilage and joints. The skin suffers, ulcerative foci develop. The probability of progression of conjunctivitis increases. Inflammation develops in the organs of the urinary tract. The body begins to hurt. Painful sensations intensify.
Prevention of joint pain
Preventive measures involve strengthening common tissues, maintaining body health:
- it is necessary to participate in physical exercise every day; to strengthen the joints advise experts in swimming;
- excessive stress on the joint should be avoided;
- avoid hypothermia in common tissues;
- control body weight, obesity creates excessive stress on the joints;
- drink at least 2 liters of water a day;
- stop drinking alcoholic beverages, smoke, take drugs;
- with sedentary work, do light gymnastics once an hour;
- timely treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases;
- with the development of joint pain, consult a doctor for diagnosis and preparation of a course of treatment.